Friday 16 January 2015

POP the First Bottle of Champagne

Lyle and I are going to pop our first bottle tonight and celebrate the good news for Bella, but there will be a few more Crystal pop'n moments before we get to the big bottle of Baby Duck! 

So what we found out today is that the perfect match (10 on 10) donor has been contacted and gave their blood sample to send to Calgary and it should arrive in Calgary today! Calgary's lab will receive it and test it to confirm the 10 on 10 match. From the time that Calgary lab receives the blood sample till they are done testing the matching, may take a 1-2 weeks. 

This is truely amazing news because this means the donor has already been contacted and agreed to give the blood sample and its sent! :)

Bella needs a back up donor and we also have that. So currently a 9 on 10 match donor has also been contacted and sent their blood sample to Calgary as well. 
I still need to meet again with our BMT nurse and just ask her if they continue to look for a 10 on 10 back up donor aswell. I'm not sure about that yet. 

Here's to us! Cheers for Bella! Let the Celebrations begin! This may be just the beginning but I believe in getting your hopes up, I always have because I have HOPE and FAITH and I'm not letting go of that ever, for my baby girl. :) 





2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I checked your blog for an update. What happy news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news for you all! I love the pictures! She is looking so great! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers as you continue this journey!

    ReplyDelete